Tuesday 4 December 2012

Paperstacking

As might be observed by now, I have not as yet completed this assignment.  Between working full-time, stress about other classes and perhaps being a bit overambitious in the forms I chose for both the realistic and self-imagined sculptures.

I'd say the most challenging part of the realistic sculpture  given that I'd chosen a pumpkin; were the organic bumps and raises that the gourd presented.  I could feel them so well, yet I could not translate that to my paper-stacking.



Here are some in process  sketches and contours to help me tack the pumpkin.







Here are the inspirational statues I found that i found fascinating enough to want to try to imitate.  I loved their block-y construction and what I perceived as an easier stacking ensemble.

And here is what I wished my final stacking to be.  Still really want to try to make this with clay, perhaps a series of them; just didn't work for me with paper. 

Imagination-wise for the individual creation; I still really want to make the design I came up with out of clay.  Badly.  I just couldn't mange to saw or sand my paper-stacks into the appropriate shapes I really needed to create the primitive man.



No comments:

Post a Comment