Tuesday 4 December 2012

On Longing / Chris Turner Handout Responses

I must confess I hardly read these readings.  I'll most likely reread them when I have the times, as the excerpts we read aloud in class were more informative than anything I really gleamed from the reading.

I wrote a great deal of notes in class on the subject but I do believe the few constructive notes I came away with in class were;

The materials of a memento should be as significant as the memory they are trying to convey

A memento is best when it make you emote

A memento must have a compelling story behind it

The history of mementos (such as the babies and their birth mothers' mementos,) is fascinating and I must really do further research for a potential instillation based on the process of mementos

Mementos are of a smaller size

The action of holding a memento can itself mean something

No comments:

Post a Comment