Tuesday 4 December 2012

Memento Piece

For my memento I chose to hail back to my tripe to Ireland, Scotland and Wale.  I had so many great memories there that creating a memento for one of them would be quite enjoyable.

I choose the day we (it was a group of students) went to the cliffs of Mohir.  As a Lord of The Rings and huge Tolkien fan, the cliffs made my day because Tolkien had drawn upon them as inspiration for some of the scenery in his books.

I collected quite a few stones there, some of which I still have today haha.

I also have as few charm bracelets i purchases in Ireland to wear, that I tend to forget about as they languish in my dresser drawers.

As a side not, it's probably nice to know that I worry things between my fingers.  I'm always moving even when I'm sitting down, bouncing my leg or worrying something, such as a pen of rock between my fingers   I've always done it.  I think it's a comfort thing but may also just help me contain my nervous energy.

Given this memory and my interpretation of a memento as a person reflection, a memory special to a person and defined in a way that helps that person remember the memory; I decided to make a worry rock.



Throughout all of these photos I tried to focus on the shadows, and at times the lack of shadows to expand and define the shape of the stone.





 I also tried to showcase the different hues of light upon the stone to highlight the different emotions the memory held for me.  The calm blue of the scenery, the light flush of excitement at being somewhere that held a nerdy significance to me. 




I would use one of the rock from the cliffs, glue a charm I found especially lucky (people rub rabbit's feet don't they?) to the top and have a charm for everyday  A memento that I could use as well as admire. 




No comments:

Post a Comment