Tuesday 28 August 2012

List#5 (Favorite Webcomics)

I like to start my morning with checking my email and laughing a little by reading a few web comics.  I can't remember who turned me onto them originally, or if I started seeing them pop up more and more as I browsed personal art sites.  Either way, I have quite a few comics that are my not so secret guilty pleasures to read.
Here are a few comics that I've enjoyed for consecutive years now.  Like many people with webcomics series, sometimes comics wane in relevance and I find myself less interested.  The same goes for my own preferences and views of the authors; sometimes they change and I no longer read the comic.


Sinfest

by  Tatsuya Ishida 


Updates daily; a cute comic done to provide lighthearted commentary on modern events and provide comedic relief with a simple plot-line.

Streetball
http://www.sinfest.net/


Questionable Content
by Jeph Jacques

The art, plot-line and references in this comic and progressed quite a lot since I've started following this one.  I do love the mix of hipster, wit and random partnering within it though.
I'm also quite a fan of the creator; he's a decent guy who's always been genuine with his content and viewpoints.

http://questionablecontent.net/



Demonology 101
by Faith Erin Hicks
A webcomic mixing high school and tough emotional issues with the fantastical.
To preteen me, this was amazing.  I still on going back and rereading it sometime too.  I was an emotional little thing and I still love Sci-Fy and Fantasy books so this was right up my alley.
It is completed however.  No more updates; although the author does have other current works online.

http://www.faitherinhicks.com/webcomics/


The System
by Roscott
Fairly work and graphics themed commentary.  Always good for an illustrated version of the thoughts you have on the daily.
And, as expected of a professional designer; the website is very nicely laid out with ease f use taken into account.

Under the couch = The Dark Side
http://www.systemcomic.com/



Books of Adam
by erm...Adam
More of a blog with illustrations; I still love the life commentary Mr. Adam provides with each update.
It may not update frequently but I find myself laughing almost as much as when I read Yuuko & Ananth's blog/comic.

friend01 

No comments:

Post a Comment